Sunday, May 1, 2011

Traditions

So, St. Louis is a pretty traditional place. Same with our church. There are so many traditions around here, and they're all very well known.

For example, May Day. All the girls dancing around in pretty dresses. It's...kinda awkward, but, it's something that plenty of people come to watch, which is honestly just crazy. Yeah, the guy I like came to watch, yet, it didn't make things too awkward because I only found out after it was over. Yet, my friend still found a way to humiliate me in front of him. But, that's beside the point. The point is, so many people came to watch something that's been going on for years. And, the way it was presented really reminds people just how old that tradition is. It really is a town tradition, seeing as so many people come to watch it.

Secondly, my church is very traditional. All the sermons. And they're so traditional that they're beautiful. Yet, they're not boring. Sure, they're long, but not boring.

And, I quite frankly really like traditions. I think that they're beautiful, and they remind us of everything in our past. What do you think about tradition? Are there any that you're a part of?

No comments:

Post a Comment