Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Confirmation Flock

"Birds of a feather flcok together."

That quote describes my confirmation class. I think that we are all birds, flying to one common place, with one common goal. To come to know how God affects our lives. Today, we made it to that place, and all of us have reached that goal. Today, we were confirmed to be members of our church.

This year has been full of struggles. All of us struggling to find our faith. And all the newbies, myself included, struggling to find our way around and meet new people, though everyone was rather welcoming. Lastly, our struggles were to think about God in a larger way. Not just the blind following faith that we all had when we were kids, but a new, more educated faith.

For this bird, the journey was fub. U found myself not only believing and learning more about God, I found myself wanting to believe and learn more about God. At the beginning of the year, I thought that I was going to  have to tell my leader that I wasn't ready to get confirmed, but I was. I didn't have any hesitations or doubts in my mind when I read my faith statement to my small group leader. and as my name was read for the elders to confirm me.

So, what is one journey for you that has recently been completed?

No comments:

Post a Comment