Friday, May 27, 2011

Saying Goodbye

So, I'm sure sure everyone's had a friend who's moved away. If not, consider yourself extremely lucky. For me, it happened today. I knew it was going to happen for a long time, but it never really hit me. After all, I just thought that I'll e-mail her, I'll see her when she visits and everything will turn out alright. Am I right? No.

Cherishing the last few moments you have with a person that you've been able to talk to all the time before, and now it's just like they're being sucked away, and you know things aren't ever going to be the same. And, I really wish they would be, but I know they aren't going to be.

For me, it was a classmate. She was my summer buddy before I came to my new school, and she was really nice. She was the first person I really met when I went to my school, and she took the time to really explain everything. Saying goodbye today felt...really weird, because she's always been at my school, and she's always been the one person who's always there, and who I can always turn to for advice, and now she's just going to leave.

The thing is, she gave me advice. I'm not sure if I should listen to it or not, and I feel torn, but I will always think of her advice, no matter what. And I will always think of her whenever I feel like I'm lost. Because she was there to keep me from being lost. And next year, I'm starting to go up to another place in the school, and I'll remember her there, guiding me, because she helped me the first time, and I know she'll help me this time, here or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment