Saturday, April 2, 2011

Confirmation Retreat

So, for my confirmation class, we went on a retreat to Lake Williamson, which was incredibly amazing. I had so much fun, as did all of my friends.

Yesterday at 5:00, we all met at church to drive to Lake Williamson. The car ride was fun, despite the fact that my friend got crazy on sugar. She was like that the entire time, and I'll just leave it at that.

So, anyway, when we got there, we put our stuff in our room and then we ate pizza. I realized I lost my completed faith statement, and I couldn't find it at all.Soon it was time for the hay ride, which took us to the bonfire. There, we listened to all our leader's faith statements. I thought it was very inspirational. After that, my friends and I played volleyball in thw Activities Center and we also played basketball and soccer and a ton of random yet fun games. After that, we went back to our rooms and slept.

We woke up in the morning to go eat breakfast, which was really good. Then, we went back to the Activities Center to write our faith statements. I am actually kinda happy that I lost my old one, because my new one is so much better, and I am even debating saying it in front of the congregation. Then we packed up and played around on the Activities Center. Some of my friends and I played racquetball for a little while. Then, we ate lunch. After that, everyone played out by the lake for a little while before we did the high ropes course. It was so much fun. The first level, we had to balance on some boards, jump from box to box, run on some wood peices, and then walk on a balance beam with a partner. I ran into trouble in the beginning, but I got it eventually. I was a little scared for the second level, but I did it, and I'm glad I did. My partner was really nice. The obstackes were walking across a wire and hold onto thin ropes from the ceiling, walk on a rope and go around some pipes, walk across more planks of wood and walk across a wire holding onto two crossed ropes. I'm happy I faced my fears, because I enjoyed it.We left after that.

So, what fears have you had to face? Have you gone on some very fun retreats?

No comments:

Post a Comment