Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Train

So, today my school did it's annual Thanksgiving event. The Turkey Train! On this day, we line up from one end of campus to the other and pass turkeys that we all bring to school that day to be collected and sent to families in need of a Thanksgiving turkey.

This made me think about all of the families who need those turkeys, and how special this must be for them, but also that I should be so thankful for what I have. Because not everyone can have turkeys for their Thanksgiving dinner, and I can. I also have a wonderful family, school, house and so much more that it would take me too much of this post to list out. Not everyone else can say that they have what I have, so it is so great to know that I can.

The point of this is, when helping out, it's important to be thankful for what you do have, yet not brag about it. Because you never know when it might be taken away from you. Thanksgiving is a very special time to celebrate all that you do have, so be sure to reflect on that as you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment