Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Learning About Your Heritage

So, here's something that's recently becoming very important for me. Learning about my heritage. Today, I performed a dance that was baically Bollywood and Bharata Natyum mixed together. I dance, but I do ballet, tap and jazz, and I have never done an Indian style of dance. I've always wanted to do some sort of Indian dance, but I've never actually done it before. This was my first time performing it, and it went surprisingly well, actually. I enjoyed it very much.

Luckily, none of my friends were in the crowd today, but htey will be soon. Next Monday to be exact. I know I have to practice a lot before I perform for them, but, I will put in the effort needed, because I want this to be amazing.

But, the cool thing is that it doesn't really feel like practicing when I do the dance. It's just fun. Which is why I want to encourage everyone to look into their own backgrounds. Maybe you'll find something about the culture that you'll enjoy doing.

Do you have any stories or cool things about your culture you would like to add? Feel free to post them in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment