Friday, June 24, 2011

Gran-ma Torino

So, yes, I'm sure you can guess exactly what movie we watched in my summer Ethics class today. We aren't done with it yet, but this movie really made me think about the way that I treat my grandma, and that my family treats her.

I know that we are putting her in a nursing home now, after taking care of her for all our lives. But, we know that right now, that is the safest thing for her, because if she stays with either our family or my aunt's family, there won't be someone there taking care of her all the time. Now with my aunt's job, and the auntie leaving, we don't want anything bad to happen to her, so we decided to make sure that she is taken care of.

The important thing is that every decision that we make about our elderly loved ones is based on your love and care for that person, not your want for everything they own, like what happened in the movie.

I would say Gran Torino is great for anyone who hasn't watched it. It has a great message for everyone, and it is very heartwarming, and it stirs plenty of emotions. So, I would say that it is a great movie for anyone who is in the mood for a wonderful movie. But, warning, there is violence and some pretty bad language. So, it's not the best family movie.

But, I will think about all the decisions I make about my grandma, and why I am making them from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment